Using the mechanism of spontaneous symmetry breaking of scale invariance obtained from the dynamics of maximal rank field strengths, it is possible to spontaneously generate confining behavior. Introducing a dilaton field, the study of nontrivial confining and de-confining transitions appears possible. This is manifest in two ways at least: One can consider bags which contain an unconfined phase in the internal region and a confined phase outside a,nd also one obtains a simple model for deconfinement at high temperature from the finite temperature dynamics of the dilaton field.
- Confinement and deconfinement phase transitions
- Finite temperature field theory
- Spontaneous breaking of scale invariance
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Physics and Astronomy (all)