The paper reviews transistor characteristics while operating in the secondary breakdown (S.B.) region. Series of experimental transistors of varying epitaxial collector structure were built and subjected to S.B. The effects both visible and electrical, were investigated, summarized and related to the structure and to the electrical fields and carrier distribution in various operating conditions.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering